Removing default ContextMenu Items

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I would like to use ChartPlotter and using a personal ContextMenu without the default context menu items.

I cannot set the DefaultContextMenu or defaultContextMenu, if I use a DefaultContextMenu.StaticItems.Clear() does not work, trying to set to null or to an empty contextmenu does not work either.

Is that possible?

I find strange to have an application where Send feedback goes to the library creator instead of me (and I would prefer to not have a report feedback in that menu anyway).

Thank you.

Editor
Apr 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Hi!

You can change StaticMenuItems collection of DefaultContextMenu class, instance of which you can get in plotter's DefaultContextMenu property.

And also we'll remove 'Send feedback' menu item in the next changeset.

Best regards,

Mikhail.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I tried to clear them (as I said with DefaultContextMenu.StaticItems.Clear()), but it didn't work (I found another discussion claiming the same thing). The items are still there.

Is this the expected behaviour? Is this a known problem that has been solved? (I've a nightly build from some time ago).

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I discovered that I was doing the Clear() at the wrong moment. It should be done when the plotter is loaded (handling the Loaded event of the plotter). Then everything works as expected.

Editor
Apr 14, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I'm glad that "everything works as expected" :)

Mikhail.