Interpolation Options

May 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I am wondering what type of interpolation is being used by this application. I have looked through the source code and it seems to me it is linear or nearest-neighbor interpolation. Have you experimented with other interpolation methods?

I am interested in applying Bicubic Spline interpolation to the Isoline charts, has this been done or are there other interpolation options available?

Also, if I wanted to fill the gaps between contour lines with a color, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance!

Editor
May 6, 2010 at 7:52 AM

You are right, lines in line chart and isolines are using only linear interpolation, built-in into WPF. We have some results in bicubic splines interpolation, though they are not uploaded to codeplex.

To fill a gap between contour lines with a color, you should (as I would do if I have to) create a geometry (path) using points of two adjacent lines and then use this geometry to draw a drawing filled with color you've selected.

This problem is not developed in D3 yet.

Best regards,

Mikhail.

May 10, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Would you be able to load your bicubic spline trials to codeplex? I believe I only need the code that is inside the interpolate method of IsolineTrackingGraph.xaml.cs so you could post that method here if it is easier? Thanks in advance.

May 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hello?

Could you include the bicubic-spline methodology in the nightlies or just post some the code so I do not have to duplicate your efforts? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Is there bicubic spline sample somewhere?

Editor
Jun 17, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Hi,

I'm no longer working on this project, so I suppose that there will be some time (several days) during which there will be nobody to answer at this forum.

Best regards,

Mikhail.