Interpolation Options

May 3, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I am wondering what type of interpolation is being used by this application. I have looked through the source code and it seems to me it is linear or nearest-neighbor interpolation. Have you experimented with other interpolation methods?

I am interested in applying Bicubic Spline interpolation to the Isoline charts, has this been done or are there other interpolation options available?

Also, if I wanted to fill the gaps between contour lines with a color, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance!

Editor
May 6, 2010 at 6:52 AM

You are right, lines in line chart and isolines are using only linear interpolation, built-in into WPF. We have some results in bicubic splines interpolation, though they are not uploaded to codeplex.

To fill a gap between contour lines with a color, you should (as I would do if I have to) create a geometry (path) using points of two adjacent lines and then use this geometry to draw a drawing filled with color you've selected.

This problem is not developed in D3 yet.

Best regards,

Mikhail.

May 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Would you be able to load your bicubic spline trials to codeplex? I believe I only need the code that is inside the interpolate method of IsolineTrackingGraph.xaml.cs so you could post that method here if it is easier? Thanks in advance.

May 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Hello?

Could you include the bicubic-spline methodology in the nightlies or just post some the code so I do not have to duplicate your efforts? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Is there bicubic spline sample somewhere?

Editor
Jun 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Hi,

I'm no longer working on this project, so I suppose that there will be some time (several days) during which there will be nobody to answer at this forum.

Best regards,

Mikhail.