Scaled Markers

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Hey there.

At first, congrats for this awesome project!

But what i miss are markers (similar to the Bargraph or Boxplot examples) that are scaling while user zooms in or out.

Bargraph marker should get an average where ther bars start, ending at the function values. Its Width should also vary, so that the Bargraph looks like stairs. Zooming shouldn't change that.

Boxplot marker should get either three (min, max, average) or five values (like in the example). Width should also vary.

In both cases it is important that the marker is zoomed too, otherwise it would display the values on false positions.

Could you please provide a solution for this?

ThermDev

Editor
Nov 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Thank you for your high rank of this project.

D3 has an ability to display charts like you've described, though this ability lacks good examples and documentation. Please take a look at ViewportPanel and ViewportHostPanel.
These panels allows such charts which will be scaled when zooming in/out, though there are some problems with charts with a lot of scalable content like Boxchart.
In the future I'm planning to widen these panels' abilities.
By the way: all further development of DynamicDataDisplay will happen here - d3future.codeplex.com. So I ask you to post additional threads or posts there.
Thank you.
--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,
My freelance CV - searching for remote work