Multi vertical Axis

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm reading a lot about D3, but i don't find how to plot a line chart with multi vertical axis. I've been reading  some discussions here, but it doesn't work for me.

Please, could someone explain me how to do this simply (because I'm a beginner in dev).

I'm french so sorry for my english.

Any help is very welcome.

Have a nice week end,

Benoit

Editor
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Hi Benoit,
First I ask you to move your further discussions to http://d3future.codeplex.com/discussions, as all development and support will be there.
Second: what kind of additional vertical axes do you need? Can you please explain or provide a drawing?
--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 4:17 PM, redkine <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm reading a lot about D3, but i don't find how to plot a line chart with multi vertical axis. I've been reading some discussions here, but it doesn't work for me.

Please, could someone explain me how to do this simply (because I'm a beginner in dev).

I'm french so sorry for my english.

Any help is very welcome.

Have a nice week end,

Benoit

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dynamicdatadisplay@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dynamicdatadisplay@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Thanks, I'm moving the discussion.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM

See if these help:

D3 - Independent Y-Axis on ChartPlotter Jul 28  2009

D3 - TwoIndependent Y-Axis does not respond appropriately to X-Axis zoom Jul 20  2009  

D3 - How can we set initial reason graph range Sep 2 2009 

D3 - Independent Y-Axis on ChartPlotter Jul 28 2009
David
Editor
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Also please take a look at AxisColoringSample in DynamicDataDisplay.Samples, which is in 'Nightly' version of D3 in 'Source code' tab.
--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,
My freelance CV - searching for remote work
Editor
Nov 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM

This sample looks like this:

AxisColoringSample.JPG
or like this - http://www.dropmocks.com/mKgtH
--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,
Editor
Nov 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I was speaking about source code of this DynamicDataDisplay, not that))) <- saying about location of AxisColoringSample.

But soon will be speaking entirely about that.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:43 AM

In fact, i want to have 2 vertical axis (or more) because I have to plot two line graphs. Both of them are in function of the position x, and vertical axes are in range :

- first one from 1.0E00 to 1.0E01

- and the second one from 8.0E-08 to 1.0E-06

So that with the second graph, I see a line...

That is why I want to dissociate each Y axis

Editor
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Hi!

Please take a look at TwoIndependentAxes sample in D3.Current solution in http://d3future.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets
Maybe this sample will fit your needs.

--
Best regards,
Mikhail Brinchuk,