This project is read-only.

.chm file doesnt work

Jul 2, 2009 at 9:07 AM

The DynamicdataDisplay v0.3 Documentation.chm file does not work correctly.

I can see the Index/Contents but keep getting "Address is not Valid" when I try view a document.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Would be great to have as a resource.

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM

this happens when the file is considered unsafe by windows.  try to right click - properties from windows explorer - there should be a button to trust the file...

Jul 3, 2009 at 8:18 AM
Hi Michael,
This happens because Windows marks every file downloaded from Internet
as unsafe, there is nothing specific in D3's help file that can harm
you computer or smth else. Simply unlock this file how you've
described and you'll be able to use it.

Best regards,
Mikhail.
>
Jul 3, 2009 at 8:26 AM
Hi,

Situation you've described happened because you've downloaded D3's
help chm file from the Internet, and thus Windows has treated this
file as 'unsafe'. This doesn't mean that this chm contains some
harmful code or smth like that, this is simply a default Windows
behaviour to downloaded files.

You can unlock this file - simply rigth click on it, open it's
properties and click 'Unlock' button in the bottom of Properties window.

Best regards,
Mikhail.
Jul 3, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Thank you so much - that has sorted my problem.

Thank you so much for sorting my issue - great work!

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM
Edited Aug 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I have been having issues with the chm documentation files as well, however, mine don't have to do with Vista, we still run XP.  Getting the following errors in many of the different pages:

[Missing <summary> documentation for "fill in whatever I'm looking at here"].  Any suggestions?

Thanks, and great work on this library!

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Hi,

As it was written earlier in this topic, simply select 'Properties' of this chm file and then press 'Unlock' button. There is no virus or smth like that in this chm, this is usual Windows' security care of a user)

Regards,

Mikhail.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Unlock doesn't appear to be an option.  I checked that earlier, but I don't see it in here...  I mentioned Vista because in a different post, Vista was mentioned as the primary culprit for doing this. 

Thanks,

John

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Edited Aug 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Hi John,

Sorry for the first wrong answer - it is 11:34 pm in Moscow, so I'm a little sleepy)

If you are speaking about red strings like [Missing <summary> documentation for "N:D3PaletteControl"] (N stands for Namespace) - this is a comment of SandCastle, documentation building system, which says that we have not wrote a documentation for the entire namespace. It is impossible to do by means of VisualStudio, it should be done in SandCastle project file, and we simply didn't have enough time to fill all summary words for namespaces.

Regards,

Mikhail.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Ahh!  Great, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.  Thanks for your help.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM

You are welcome)