Chart getting messed up and freezes

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:58 AM
Hi,

Has anyone experienced a scenario where the x-axis of the chart gets messed up and the whole chart freezes? That is the x-axis keeps jumping with the spacing between the x-axis points continuously jumping back and forth and the chart becomes unusable? Usually happens when there are multiple linegraphs drawn at the same time, or when a additional linegraph is added which exceeds the current visible x-axis. Very hard to explain and reproduce though!

Thanks.
Ganesh
Jan 4, 2016 at 7:49 AM
Hi,

If you are using injected plotters, use the same horizontal axis for all injected plotters.

Regards
Ravi
Jan 4, 2016 at 7:56 AM
Hi Ravi,

I'm not using any injected plotters. I just have multiple linegraphs on the base plotter with point values changing quite frequently.

Regards,
Ganesh
Jan 4, 2016 at 8:12 AM
Hi Ganesh,

Try fixing X axis by setting the visible rect.
Viewport.Visible is the trick to control the filckering.

For example if you want see the graph for last 1 hour like ( DateTime.Now.AddHours(-1) to DateTime.Now),
then you try to set time for DateTime.Now.AddHours(-1) to DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(10).
By setting 10 minutes extra time you can have the stable graph for next 10 minutes, once the time reaches the end time, reset the visible rect once again.

Please share line graphs adding code.

Regards
Ravi
Jan 4, 2016 at 9:20 AM

hi ravi,

will give this a try and let you know. but i would have thought the x axis auto adjusts based on the line graphs plotted.

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:48 AM
Hi ravi,

I tried this. Didn't help much. It causes the graph to mess up even when I drag it a little fast. Not sure whats happening.!
I can mail you a screenshot.

Regards,
Ganesh
Jan 18, 2016 at 4:35 AM
Hi Ganesh,

Did you solve this issue, If not Can you mail screen and code snippet, I will try.

Regards
Ravi.
Jan 18, 2016 at 4:39 AM

Hi ravi,

I partially solved it. will send you screenshots n code soon.

thanks.