ChartPlotter with transparent background goes black when copy to clipboard

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Hello,

I have a ChartPlotter with a transparent background.  When I copy it to the clipboard and paste into another application the background just looks black.  (The same thing happens when saving to a bitmap...image formats that support transparency are ok.)

Has anybody else come across this problem?  Is there a way around it?

Cheers, IanR

Editor
Nov 5, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hi,

Do you really need ChartPlotter with transparent background? Maybe it would look better with white one? I think I can not change the described behavior.

The only thing I can suggest is that I will develop some workaround for the plotter with transparent background, and its image will be processed in some special way.

Mikhail.

Editor
Nov 5, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Well, I've changed screeshot saving a little and now plotter with transparent background will look the same way as plotter with white background.

Best regards,

Mikhail Brinchuk.

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Great - thanks.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Hi Mikhail,

I can see the change you made for this & it should do what I need.

However, when copying my graph to the clipboard it goes through the 'ScreenshotHelper.CreateElementScreenshot' branch of the code...(I'm not sure why - it may be because my graph is hosted in a WinForms control using System.Windows.Forms.Integration.ElementHost).

But, should both branches of the screenshot code white out the background?

Thanks, IanR

Editor
Nov 15, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Hi IanR,

I've made this fix in second branch of code, so now it should work in WinForms version, too.

Mikhail.

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Hi Mikhail,

Just got the latest nightly build (31108) and the problem with the black background has indeed been fixed now.

Thanks,
IanR