Linegraph filters and markers?

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2010 at 1:31 AM

I have a rather large dataset (65k point) that I am adding to a line graph.  I think there is a default filter built into linegraph, which should also apply to the markers (I think).  The problem is that just displaying the data is a bit slow, but if I show markers then it becomes unusable.

I was adding markers like this:

chartPlotter.AddLineGraph(ds,
                new Pen(Brushes.LimeGreen, 1),
                new CircleElementPointMarker
                {
                    Size = 5,
                    Brush = Brushes.Red,
                    Fill = Brushes.Orange
                },
                new PenDescription("Data"));

Is there a way to use markers so that the performance doesnt suffer?  Do I need to create my own filter to reduce the size of my dataset?  What should I do?

Thanks!

- So as  followup, I tried to write my own filter class- seemed simple enough, no data point should be displayed when the markers overlap.  But there seems to be no way to add a filter to a ElementMarkerPoints graph, and even though my data is being properly filtered on the linegraph itself, its completely pointless without filtering the markers.

I tried to use chartPlotter.AddLineGraph(), but I dont know how to add my own filter using this syntax.  So then I created my own LineGraph and added it to chartPlotter.Children, but then there is still no way to filter the markers.

Help!

chartPlotter.AddLineGraph(ds,
                new Pen(Brushes.LimeGreen, 1),
                new CircleElementPointMarker
                {
                    Size = 5,
                    Brush = Brushes.Red,
                    Fill = Brushes.Orange
                },
                new PenDescription("Data"